Records last updated: 12 November 2023
Committed to one or more
Following the launch of one or more beneficial ownership registers, a country is labelled as Live register.
Data is drawn from publicly-available sources and may not be comprehensive for all countries. If data is incorrect, please let us know.
Central Register of Effective Beneficiaries (RCBE)
- Central Register of Effective Beneficiaries (RCBE)
- Central register implemented
- Public access
- Threshold used to determine beneficial ownership
Show further detail
- As a European Union member, Portugal was obliged to create a central, public register of beneficial ownership as part of the EU’s fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive. Following the judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union on 22 November 2022, member states are no longer required to provide public access, and are instead required to, at a minimum, provide access to those that can demonstrate a legitimate interest. [19 April 2018] link to commitment
- Portugal included a commitment to openly publish its data in line with the Beneficial Ownership Data Standard as part of its 2021-2023 Open Government Partnership National Action Plan [10 September 2021] link to commitment