Terms on which we permit you to use this website
- Publication date: 11 March 2022
- Apart from some different rules for use of our register of beneficial ownership, which you can find at register.openownership.org, you may use the web pages located under the domain openownership.org (“this website”) on the terms set out on this page. They are not intended to form a contract between you and us. The additional terms that apply to use of the register are found at https://register.openownership.org/terms-and-conditions.
- In these terms, certain words and phrases have a particular meaning as follows:
2.1. “content” means any text, images, video, audio or other multimedia content, software, or other information or material submitted to or on the website;
2.2. “intellectual property” means any rights in patents, design , copyright, databases, trade marks, domain names confidential information and all other forms of intellectual property, whether registered or unregistered, wherever in the world;
2.3. “you” or “your” means the person accessing or using the website or its content;
2.4. “processing” when applied to personal information includes storage of that information; and
2.5. “we”, “us” or “our” refers to Open Ownership, who are a fiscally sponsored project of Global Impact, 1199 N. Fairfax St., Suite 300, Alexandria, VA, 22314, US..
- You should read these terms carefully before using this website. We do not permit you to access this website or use any content if you do not comply with these terms.
Using this website
- This website is intended only to give you information about us and our products and services. We do not intend, through this website:
4.1. make you any promises;
4.2. make any contractual offer to you;
4.3. supply any products or services to you.
- You have our permission to browse this website and in so doing make use of its content through a web browser. Unless we explicitly say otherwise, you may not use this website for any other purpose. For example, you may not download this website or any part of it for your own use.
Information about you: privacy
- We may process information about you, such as the IP address from which you access this website, or the email address with which you subscribe to our newsletter. For more information about how we process your information, please see our privacy notice.
- While we try to make sure that this website is secure, we cannot guarantee the security of any information that you supply to us and therefore we cannot guarantee that it will be kept confidential. For that reason, you should not submit any information you regard as confidential. Any information you do submit, you submit at your own risk.
- Cookies are short text files stored in your web browser to allow us to remember you when you return to this website. More information about the particular cookies we use may be found within our privacy notice.
Accuracy of information and availability of this website
- While we hope that this website is accurate, up-to-date and free from bugs, we cannot promise that it will be. Furthermore, we cannot promise that this website will be fit or suitable for any purpose. Any reliance that you may place on the information of this website is at your own risk.
- We may suspend or terminate operation of this website at any time as we see fit.
- Any content is provided for your general information purposes only. It does not constitute technical, financial or legal advice or any other type of advice and should not be relied upon for any purposes.
Ownership, use and intellectual property rights
- Except where any of our content is associated with a more specific intellectual property licence – whether it is more or less restrictive than this one – and to the extent that you need our permission to do so, we license you use of all intellectual property rights in that content under a Creative Commons Attribution licence.
Changes to these terms
- We reserve the right to vary these terms from time to time. Our new terms will be displayed on this website and by continuing to use and access this website following such changes, you agree to be bound by any variation made by us. It is your responsibility to check these terms from time to time to verify such variations.
Hyperlinks and third party sites
- This website may contain hyperlinks or references to third party websites other than this website. Any hyperlinks or references are provided for your convenience only. We have no control over third party websites and accept no legal responsibility for any content, material or information contained in them. The display of any hyperlink and reference to any third party website does not mean that we endorse that third party’s website, products or services. Your use of a third party site may be governed by the terms and conditions of that third party site.
Disputes and liability
- Except for any legal responsibility that we cannot exclude in law (such as for death or personal injury caused by our negligence and our statutory duties under data protection law), we have no liability to you connected with your use of our website. For example, we are not liable for
15.1. any missing or inaccurate content;
15.2. any unavailability of the website;
15.3. any incompatibility of this website with any particular browser or browser plugin; or
15.4. economic loss or other loss of turnover, profit, business or goodwill.
- These terms are to be interpreted in accordance with English law and the courts of England shall have jurisdiction to settle any disputes arising from your use of the website.