The International Anti-Corruption Conference (IACC) is the world’s premier global forum for bringing together heads of state, civil society, the private sector, and more to tackle the increasingly sophisticated challenges posed by corruption.
Open Ownership is hosting and participating in a number of workshops at the IACC.
Advancing Implementation Through Collective Action: Translating Political Commitment to Beneficial Ownership Transparency into High Quality, Usable Data
1:00 PM - 2:00 PM GMT Monday 30 November, 2020
Our session at the IACC will provide an in-depth and interactive discussion into the key principles that allow for the successful implementation of beneficial ownership (BO) policies. We will also address challenges and discuss how government, business, and civil society can work cooperatively to achieve the goal of international reform.
The Open Ownership Principles (OO Principles) set the standard for good BO disclosure practices of company ownership. By implementing the OO Principles, countries can build a comprehensive picture of who owns companies in their jurisdictions, thereby unlocking the potential of BO data to reduce corruption, ensure fair market access for all companies, and encourage sustainable inward investment.
- Thom Townsend – Open Ownership
- Olayinka Akinyede – Inter Governmental Action Group against Money Laundering in West Africa (GIABA)
- Olesia Arkhypska – Together Against Corruption
- Nadiia Babynska – OpenUp
- John Cusack – Global Coalition to Fight Financial Crime
- Jennifer Haslett – HM Treasury
- Khadija Sharife – OCCRP
Join our panel discussion here.
You can also find members of our team speaking at the following panels:
- Next Generation of Anti-Corruption Priorities: Towards 2030 - 11:00 AM-12:30 PM GMT on Monday 30 November, 2020
- Nowhere to Hide: Why We Need Beneficial Ownership Registries - 5:30 PM-7:00 PM GMT on Tuesday 1 December, 2020
- At the Forefront in the Fight Against Hidden Ownership: Early Successes and Unforeseen Challenges - 8:00 AM-9:30 AM GMT on Wednesday 2 December, 2020