Records last updated: 12 February 2024
Contact person: Louise Russell-Prywata
Current ongoing work
Open Ownership has engaged with Norway through its membership of the Beneficial Ownership Leadership Group.
Committed to one or more
After work starts on implementing a register, a country is in the Implementing stage.
Implemented one or more
Show further detail
- Norway has made a commitment to beneficial ownership transparency as part of the Beneficial Ownership Leadership Group. [19 August 2019] link to commitment
- Norway has made a commitment to beneficial ownership transparency through some other means [05 June 2015] link to commitment
- Norway included a commitment to create a public beneficial ownership register as part of its 2019-2022 Open Government Partnership National Action Plan [03 November 2021] link to commitment
- Norway promised to promote proposals for a publicly accessible register with information about the ultimate beneficial owners in Norwegian companies in its 2016-2018 Open Government Partnership National Action Plan [22 June 2016] link to commitment
- As an Extractives Industry Transparency Initiative (EITI) member, Norway has committed to beneficial ownership transparency for the extractives sector. [25 February 2016]