Records last updated: 12 November 2023
Committed to one or more
Following the launch of one or more beneficial ownership registers, a country is labelled as Live register.
Data is drawn from publicly-available sources and may not be comprehensive for all countries. If data is incorrect, please let us know.
Registro de Titularidades Reales
- Registro de Titularidades Reales
- Central register implemented
- Public access
- Register launched
Show further detail
- At the 2016 UK Anti-Corruption Summit, Spain made a commitment to beneficial ownership disclosure. [12 May 2016] link to commitment
- Spain made a commitment to beneficial ownership transparency and effectively implementing FATF’s revised Recommendation 24 during the second Summit for Democracy [29 March 2023] link to commitment
- As a European Union member, Spain was obliged to create a central, public register of beneficial ownership as part of the EU’s fifth Anti-Money Laundering Directive. Following the judgement of the Court of Justice of the European Union on 22 November 2022, member states are no longer required to provide public access, and are instead required to, at a minimum, provide access to those that can demonstrate a legitimate interest. [19 April 2018] link to commitment